Truk Lagoon, Micronesia (Chuuk)- SOLD OUT
Chuuk Atoll, (also known as Truk) in the Caroline Islands, Micronesia is infamous for its giant lagoon. The lagoon is the rinal resting place for more than 100 ships, planes and submarines. The majority of these wrecks are the legacy of a fierce WWII battle between the Imperial Japanese Fleet and Allied carrier planes, resulting in the largest naval loss in history.
Cargoes of tanks, trucks, airplanes, mines, bombs, machine gun bullets and thousands of other artefacts including beautiful china are there still to be explored.
Nowhere else in the world are there so many wrecks in close proximity, situated in shallow clear water. The tropical waters and prolific marine life has transformed these wrecks into artificial reefs and beautiful coral gardens.
Our trip pricing is at this stage Ex Sydney (although once we have our numbers confirmed we will be able to secure group flights return Sydney and the Sydney accommodation that will be required each end of the trip). You may decide to add on to your journey in Australia too.
Cost ex Sydney is $3643 ex Sydney per diver. This includes:
- Return airfares Sydney to Truk via Port Moresby
- Australian departure taxes
- 8 nights twin share accommodation at The Blue Lagoon Resort
- Return airport transfers in Truk
- 14 dive package with tanks, weights and dive guides
- Complimentary lunch on last day of diving
- Travel insurance and a DAN policy.
- Airfares return Auckland/Sydney
- Pre & Post Accommodation in Sydney
- Your own equipment or talk to us about hire gear
- Truk departure tax & Lagoon dive permit ($USD 80 total)
Spaces are limited. Sorry this trip is fully booked but to be waitlisted - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.