PADI Freediver Training
Our upcoming Freediving course training are as follows:
- 20/21 August
- 24/25 September
- 29/30 October
- 3/4 December
PADI Freediver Training is about inward power, discipline and control. if you've always wanted to enter the Underworld quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as the breath allows, then Freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step towards discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves. Dive Zone Whitianga is one of New Zealand's first PADI freediving centres and we are fully outdoor mark adventure safety audit certified for Freediving.
We offer you the knowledge and skills to make the dream of exploring "the silent world" a reality! PADI Basic Freediver: A subset of the PADI Freediver course. It’s a great first step for developing solid freediving skills. You learn basic freediving principles and focus on practicing breathhold techniques in a pool or confined water site. To enroll in a PADI Basic Freediver course you must be 12 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or Freediving is required.
The PADI Basic Freediver course consists of two main phases:
- Knowledge development through independent study with the PADI Freediver E-Learning (or your instructor may conduct class sessions if not available in a language you understand).
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
The cost of the course is $250 per person and all your gear requirements for your training are provided. Training is undertaken over 1 day.Certified PADI Basic Freediver's can come back anytime and upgrade to the PADI Freediver certification for $450. Or if you want to do it all now you can purchase the full Basic & the below Freediver course for $600 and complete them both over a weekend.PADI Freediver: PADI Freediver training consists of three main phases:
- All of the above elements in Basic Freediver being - Knowledge development about Freediving principles through independent study with PADI Freediver E-Learning (or your instructor may conduct class sessions if not available in a language you understand).
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic Apnea. Goal – static Apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic Apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
- PLUS Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight Freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight Freedive of 10 metres/30 feet.
PADI Freediver is an additional day of training.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old, have adequate swimming skiills and be in good physical h ealth. No prior experience with snorkelling, skin diving or freediving is required.
The cost of the full course (Basic & Freediver) is $600 per person and all your gear requirements for your training are provided. If you just do the Basic and decide at a later date to come back and do the Freediver course the cost for just the Freediver will be $450.
Covid 19 Update: Due to the risk of a potentially career ending lung injury to our team as occupational divers, we have also introduced a COVID-19 vaccination policy and require trainees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before participating in any dive activity and be able to provide proof of such.We offer our sincerest apologies and respect those whose decisions do not comply with our new policy but feel this is in the best interests of the health and careers of our team.