PADI Open Water Diver course
What You Learn
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Online knowledge development to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined water dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open water dives to review your skills and explore!
If you’ve tried diving through a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience, the skills you learned may be credited towards a portion of the full PADI Open Water Diver course certification.
- Students as young as 10 years old can participate in this programme, however our experience shows that a more suitable age is 12 years old. We do teach under 12 year olds but would want to discuss this with the legal guardian and may want to do a specific course for that child/children.
- All participants must be able to swim 200 metres non-stop & tread water for 10 minutes unassisted. A satisfactory RSTC Dive Medical (which requires sign-off from your GP if pre-existing medical conditions are present.) Please complete this medical honestly BEFORE signing up for the course (including the e-learning portion)
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is . . . well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you’ll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you’ll make at least five pool dives and four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
The Scuba Gear You Use
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear including a dive computer, and standard accessories. The equipment you wear varies somewhat, depending upon whether you’re diving in tropical, temperate or cold water.
Check with with us about the gear you’ll use during this course.
The Learning Materials You Need
The PADI Open Water Diver course theory is accessible wherever you are in the world, with eLearning! If English is not your first language, there are a number of language options available too including Spanish, German, French, Japanese, Italian,Chinese, Korean, Dutch & Russian.
PADI’s Open Water Diver materials cover what you need to know about basic scuba diving skills, terminology and safety procedures. For each concept you’ll read a description and watch a video demonstration. Then you’ll jump in the pool to practice these skills with your Instructor. Later, as a certified diver, use the course materials as a reference guide for future diving adventures and to review what you learned.
You don’t have to wait to get going. With PADI eLearning and the PADI Open Water Diver Course Online, you can start right now! The PADI Open Water Diver Course Online lets you learn the background information you need before each dive at your own pace through friendly, interactive learning.
|Upcoming Course Dates:|
We run weekend courses or courses can be completed over two
days mid week. Call or email us and lets see if we can
organize a date that suits you