Padi Rescue Diver
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is rising to challenges and mastering them. Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end, say it’s the best course they’ve ever taken.
Get College Credit
You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Rescue Diver Course.
- What You Learn
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all your basic scuba gear including a dive computer and accessories.
The Learning Materials You Need
The PADI Rescue Diver knowledge development is completed online. You’ll learn how to think like a rescue diver and preview skills you’ll practice with your PADI Instructor.
Once your Rescue Diver course is complete, you can review the online learning materials to refresh your dive safety skills as needed. This tool box of knowledge and technique will give you the expertise to handle almost any emergency situation.
To enroll in the PADI Rescue Diver course, you must
- Be 12 years or older
- Have a PADI Adventure Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous two years. Emergency First Response training is available if you haven't done it already, or if your existing certification has expired.
- Be medically fit to dive - see RTSC Medical Statement button on this page